Wednesday 28 September 2011

TASK 2// Graphic Design delivering Different Types of Messages


Here is a poster from Soviet Russia during the second world war. I can't speak Russian but I love the layout and colour of it. I quite easy to see that the man in the middle of this poster is Adolf Hitler. The was this poster has ben laid out gives Hitler this  power. For example the red colour gives the viewer the sense Hitler is dangerous, the arrows made in to lightning bolts, another example of death and power leaking out of the poster. The writing and layout of the text is engulfing the poster and to me is almost demanding the viewer to read and obey.



"Stare at the monitor..." Is a poster done by Shaz Madani. There is no information about who Shaz is but in his "About Me" section it says "If you would like more information about me or my work please don’t hesitate to get in touch. This is such a clever poster, very simple but very effective. The sort of poster you look at and think '....why didn't I think of this?...". Another reason why I like it is because its been done on a letter press machine. The message in this, to me anyway, is Shaz is against or sick of staring at a computer all day and it makes me think about how long I spend staring at a screen. Quite clever.


I like the message of this one. No Designer was given with this poster. I love the texture and general look of this. The scale and colour works well to. Heres the website I went to http://bestdesignoptions.com/?p=11575


Here is another soviet poster but this time its directed at alchol. I think that the message of this one is the bottle represents alcohol and the drunk men represent alcoholics. The men are under the bottles demand. The bottle has tricked them and has now stolen them. Again I wish i could really understand the poster but its in Russian. You can see that each man and the bottle has writing going across their chests. I'm guessing thats the biggest clue to what this poster is saying!


Letter Press!



The message of this is simple. Its informing the audience that their is a crabtree farms BBQ at the weekend. This poster is so conventional. I love the pig with the flame, its so easy to understand. The big "B" which goes on to say Barbecue, Beer and Blue Grass. Again, I couldn't find the name of the designer which is becoming a massive problem for me. Here is the link to the guys blog syncop8