Monday 10 February 2014

PPP// Studios// Boon Magazine (Brighton)









During the summer holidays a Brighton based magazine approached us wanting to know more about our skate team Cidy Life. They told us to meet them at the Victory Pub where we would then be interviewed about the whole thing. Anthony, who is one of the two creative directors at boon met us.

I was sucked into how Anthony went about interviewing us as it was something I very much admired. I began to learn that I didn't just want to do layout but I wanted to do most other things for the magazine too, like going to meet who ever was going to be in the magazine and interviewing them. The fact you could meet these people in a pub or restaurant or where ever got me excited to say the least.

My photography was then used alone with James Claire's and it was after it was printed I got in touch with Boon. I asked to look around but on their reply I learn't boon wasn't a studio. They did it out of each others rooms and living rooms and the magazine was not profitable. They didn't make a lot of money because the magazine was free. So basically, I couldn't look around any studio.

Anthony on the other hand said he was more than happy to talk me through Boon magazine one on one so to give me a much better idea of what it would be like the work in such an industry. I hope that I will be able to contribute somehow in the future for them. Who knows what might become of it but ones thing is for sure this sin't the sort of thing I would want to join as i would need an income from somewhere else to help. My job is to look for other magazines around Brighton and gain contact to see what they have to say. While I am up north I should take the time to investigate magazines up here to that have a respected design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment