Monday 3 March 2014

PPP// Studios// Spindle Magazine (London)

Spindle Magazine 

'Spindle Magazine is the must have lifestyle guide for fashion, music and the arts. Launched in 2010, Spindle is an online hub for a thriving creative community, located in the ideal location for likeminded creatives in Hackney Downs Studios, London.
Spindle provides a creative outlet for writers, designers, artists,stylists, photographers and film-makers around the world, with editorial and creative teams based in LA, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto and Paris.
Spindle regularly hosts and partners with various events, bringing the ethos of the magazine to life, with live art, music and creativity.
In 2013 Spindle created a sub-brand - H.O.W.L. - a new live music night, showcasing the best new music that team Spindle ‘unravelled’...'





This magazine was founded in Brighton when I lived there, I so I thought. From looking at the about section its clear that this in fact is in London. Every month the magazine celebrated the releases of the new magazine and sometimes in Brighton so I assumed. 

I decided to then have a look at the contact page and they had a section about interns that really caught my eye. If you read below you will get a much better idea of what they want but it does sound perfect for me. I don't want an internship yet as in my opinion the course is hard enough. I want to continue working hard at my work without the pressure of an internship.

'We are seeking an enthusiastic intern who would like to assist the Art Director with day-to-day design and illustration work.
Would suit a recent graduate with a decent understanding of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign – Adobe Illustrator would be a bonus. A basic knowledge of Excel and Word is also required.
Tasks would include sourcing/creating images for the website, some online formatting, and assistance with other design and illustration required for both print and web. Guidance will be provided regarding design style and technical questions.
The intern will be required to work remotely at times so must have access to a suitable computer – working hours will be flexible....'
...............................................................................................................................................
Hey Sarah,

My name is Simon and I'm currently a third year graphic design student studying at Leeds College of Art.  Among other things, I have always had a passion for editorial based work and would love the opportunity to visit a studio that works within this area. The thought of a internship is wonderful but as the end of the year draws nearer my work load is substantial and very time consuming.

As far as things go I have not yet had the opportunity to look round such a studio. Working within a team for a magazine is a job I aspire to do in the future. Are you quite flexible with people coming in to take a look round? I live in Tunbridge Wells which is only 45 minutes from London Bridge so when I'm back from uni it's easily possible!

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Regards,

Simon 



No comments:

Post a Comment