Saturday 1 March 2014

PPP// Studios// SOURCE Magazine (Brighton)


Source Magazine





Today I contacted Source magazine based in Brighton wondering weather they had a design studio and if I could look round. I have still not had the pleasure of looking round a studio that is a magazine. i very much want to get a good idea of what working life is like.

I first noticed this magazine during my foundation year before coming to the Leeds College of Art. Its free and can be found round most shops in Brighton and probably in towns surrounding Brighton. A very common section of the magazine is the Street Style part and because of these this magazine is very common in the retail shops selling clothing.

The magazine also has a lot to do with the culture around Brighton. Whether it's to do with fashion, food, music etc, is bound to have something you will be interested in. It's a magazine that finds out what is going on, it finds out what is new and that is why it has such a good following.
...............................................................................................................................................



"Hi James,

My name is Simon and I am currently a third year graphic design student studying at Leeds College of Art.

I have been interested in editorial design for some time now but have never had the pleasure of looking round a studio that focuses on it.

I've recently had my photography in Boon Magazine and shortly after contacted the team hoping to look round. The reply was they didn't have one so couldn't!

It would be great if you have a short look round your design studio to get an idea of working life within a magazine.

Many thanks,

Simon
...............................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment